If you are being harassed by telemarketers, we can help you obtain relief from the calls as well as monetary compensation for these company’s illegal activities. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act sets forth specific guidelines with which telemarketers are required to comply or face extensive fines for each violation.
The Carter Law Firm represents clients in matters pertaining to the following types of unlawful activities:
- Autodialed Political Calls
- Collection Calls from Bill Collectors to your Cell Phone (Case by Case Basis)
- Illegal Pre-Recorded or Artificial Voice Messages
- Prerecorded Voice Political Calls
- Robocalls after Being Told to Stop
- Text Message Spam
- Unauthorized Telemarketing Calls
- Unauthorized Text Messages
- Unauthorized Unsolicited Faxes Advertising Products or Services
- Violations of the Do Not Call Registry (Covers Landlines & Cell Phones)
Not all unsolicited calls are unlawful or subject to fines. For example, the Do Not Call Registry does not provide protection from telephone calls made by organizations with which you have a prior or well-established business relationship, non-commercial calls, calls which are not made to solicit business, calls made by non-profit or tax-exempt organizations, or communications to which you have consented in writing.
However, please bear in mind that your prior consent may be revoked at any time and these exclusions may not apply if you are not the intended recipient.
For additional information regarding Telemarketing Violations, please complete our Contact Us case evaluation form and a representative from our firm will contact you as soon as possible.